In Sir Terrance Conran’s letter in the Times yesterday, he called for Britain to reflect upon its Olympic glory by getting Britain, “to make things again.” He highlighted that this would help the economy grow and, importantly, “would give our young people jobs.”
I couldn’t agree more. The Olympics brought out the best of British including British businesses. There has been lots of talk of creating a legacy for the next generation of athletes. What about the next generation of business leaders?
Young people are facing a crisis with unemployment still high and confidence low. That’s why Sandler decided to help guide the next generation. Sales Explorers, for those seriously considering a career in sales. Sales Explorers, for those who faced knocks in the past and kept buy crestor online uk going. Find out more here.
Today, in this current economic climate, prospects are looking for the cheapest deal – more bang for their buck; the ability to make their money go further. Right? Maybe. At Sandler we see buy accutane from india a lot of business owners and managing directors who thought this to be true. Therefore, they thought that as companies were less inclined to spend, there was less business out there so every enquiry needed their full attention so a lot of time and resources are spent putting together great pitches, presentations and proposals.
We believe prospects are just as plentiful as ever and more importantly, it is not the ideas and energy put into the enquiry that counts as often this is focused on the wrong areas. A company recently came to see us as they were fed up of putting together a spectacular creative pitch with brilliant ideas and then hearing they missed out on the contract. Yet, 6 months down the line their “prospect” is using their idea but is it being fulfilled through another company. Sound familiar?
If so here are our top 5 tips to stop giving away your valuable information, ideas and expertise for free:
- Do not rely only on the presentation to do the selling for you – bonding and rapport must be cheap accutane for sale established first. If the prospect doesn’t like you, it doesn’t really matter how good your proposal is
- Make sure you know the next steps. If you are going to focus on the pitch, what does the potential client want to happen next?
- Ask good questions. Make sure you understand what the real reason behind the prospects enquiry.
- Have more than one prospect in your pipeline. If this is the only proposal you are working on – you are going to find it hard not to invest everything in this.
- … And finally it’s alright to do a great pitch and spend time on it for the right people and for the right reasons.