It’s the end of the year. You may be stressed about making end-of-the-year budgets, working overtime in order to take vacation, or just trying to tie up loose ends before 2015. While all of this is happening, make sure you take some time to remember why it is you work so hard. Make sure you’re checking your fun meter. The job is a means to an end. The end is what you want for you and your family. Have fun in the process.
Here are 10 rules to keep you on track:
- STOP focusing only on the money
- STOP thinking the sales call is about you
- STOP trying so hard
- STOP trying to be perfect
- STOP being afraid of making mistakes
- STOP listening to negative ‘head trash’
- STOP hanging out with negative people
- STOP worrying about price
- STOP using the same old process
- STOP forgetting to check your ‘fun meter’
Take some time not only to plan for 2015 and your future success, but also to celebrate your successes of 2014.